I just purchased a new crested gecko from you, what should I do now?
There are several things you can do to ensure the health of your new animal:
- Quarantine your animal- do not put it in an enclosure with other animals- for at least 30 days. The helps prevent any disease issues passing to the new animal or from the new animal. Also, new animals sometimes get bullied by established animals.
- Provide a safe, clean, comfortable new home for the animal. You should check the information provide on this or other web pages for more details on the needs of your new animal (this includes temperature requirements!).
- Provide water through misting the enclosure. I believe this is one of the most important, yet overlooked needs of new animals.
- Minimize handling of new animals for at least a week especially very young animals.
- Do not worry if they do not eat the first or second day after you have them. This is a very normal adjustment period for them. Provide the Crested Gecko Diet only for the first few weeks to make sure they are eating the diet before offering insects.
Click here for the CRESTED GECKO DIET ORDER FORM
We hope you enjoy your new crested gecko!