In our 12 Supreme Days of Christmas Give Away, I asked you for suggestions to improve this web site. Thank you for taking the time to give me such great ideas. Below, you will find them listed, in order of duplicates, and my responses. I am really looking forward to 2015 and what they year will bring.
WEB PAGES- NEW CONTENT
There were a number of requests for special sections on the web page such as Ask a Question and I Give an Answer, 10 Fun Facts about a Gecko, Fan of the Month (and ultimately of the Year), and a Hobbyist/Rescue of the Month.
WEB PAGES-MORE CONTENT
This is difficult as there are some layout restrictions inherent on the Design I’ve selected. You are hoping I can make it easier to navigate, more mobile friendly, more attractive, and easier to manage comments. Really, the only one that I do have some control over is navigation. I will be working on this over the next month.
It is suggested that I update the page more often AND that I have 2 admins. Well, that might just work! I will certainly be adding a lot of content this year. An Admin would really help things out! Let me know if you would like to volunteer :)
You would like to see 1. More Albums (esp. Available Animals) 2. More info about me and 3. More Fun Stuff. I’ve already started creating more albums. I will update my ABOUT page shortly, and I can incorporate more fun activities between the web page and with Facebook. Realize, I do have 2 pages- one for Wally Kern and one for Supreme Gecko. Most gecko stuff will be posted this year on the SG page.
Another carry over from last year- More Available Animals. Well, this year we caught up and now have animals on the available page. More will be coming in ’15. You would also like to see video and more pictures (different poses) on the animals. This will be done as well.
More Videos!!! Ok, I get it. Last year only 7 were added. This year, I promise between 26-52! How’s that!!!
It is obvious I have slowed down vending shows. I went from around 30 a couple years ago to only 6 last year. My plan in 2015 would be to be somewhere in the lower middle- 10-12ish (including Tinley and maybe Iowa).
12 SUPREME DAYS OF CHRISTMAS (2015)
Someone thought it would be a good idea to add a 12SDOC Facebook page. You want it, you got it!
Hurry and like it! You only have 11 months left! 12 Supreme Days of Christmas - 2015
Did I miss any?
2014 Suggestions- for anyone's interested-
1. Keep doin' what yer doin' Done, and then some. We re-initiated The Most Underrated Gecko, Hit Instagram in full stride, appeared on a number of Radio Shows, and started three big projects that we are hoping for completion by early 2015.
2. More Videos- Not done. We created 7 new videos (I know, you want more!).
3. More Giveaways- Not done. Sorry.
4. More Web Page Updates- Partially Done. We kept up fairly well with site updates last year. I posted animals when I could and added a few articles.
5. Update the web page- Not Done, but Not planned.
6. Expand Gecko Lines- Done- I offered a few new geckos in 2014 (Hemidacylus ruspoli, H. tanganicus, Paroedura stumpffi, and a couple others).
7. Education- Not Done- my focus was on one aspect of education in 2014 but it has yet to lift up off the ground.
8. Recruit new people into the Hobby- Done- I see significant gains in my FB, Twitter, Instagram followers. Not quite sure how I measure this any better.
9. Auctions- Not Done
10. Instagram account- Done- This blossomed in full last year. We are already up to 1,750 followers.
Different geckos I keep adding more and more.
More Hardgoods-Decor (Chase) Done
More Pictures (Jan) Done- but we are posting more on Instagram and FB than anywhere else.
More Posts to FB (Julie C.) Done
Articles-Reader Participatoin (Julie K.) Not Done.
Update Camera - Not Done, our camera is just fine, but I did receive some great lessons from Margaret S.